Assignment 3 My Entrepreneurship Story


I would say I’ve always been around entrepreneurs because at some point in their lives both sides of my family have run business/businesses. In fact as long as I can remember my grandmother always had some sort of business in her shop whether it was selling random items or sewing things. One time in particular I remember is when my dad planted watermelons and I sold them out of my grandmother’s shop. I was around the age of nine, my father and I would pick a truck load of watermelons to take to town from there my grandmother and I sold them from the shop. After a while I got the idea to become a traveling salesman, so I gathered up my cousin and loaded a wagon and off we went selling to the courthouse, post office and anyone else along the way. The reason I enrolled in Ent 3003 was because I have the idea that later in life I would like to open my own business. I hope to gain the skills and knowledge to do so successfully.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaton,

    Great intro story. I am always jealous of kids who do all these fun little business things as a kid. I never did that, in fact, I was always getting into trouble with my friends. I know it was a long time ago, but the fruit/food industry is obviously massive, do you ever see yourself getting back into it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chaton!
    Like you, I have also been around entrepreneurs for most of my life considering my dad owns his own business. Reading about how you sold watermelons reminded me of the miscellaneous things I would do to make some money back in the day. I remember having occasional lemonade stands especially if we had a garage sale. I also had my own little arts and crafts business as a kid so I would sale my products to various friends, family friends, at small local art festivals, and garage sales. Like you, I also plan to start my own business in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaton,
    I really like your story and the fact that you have already been exposed to entrepreneurs especially among your family members. I wish had similar opportunity of being exposed to the field at a younger age. I also like the fact you are already involved in the field, I suggest you to keep it and get involved even more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chaton,
    Considering the fact that my most intensive business exposure at the age of 9 was a small lemonade stand that I opened, I find it really cool that you had the ingenuity to start a mobile, face-to-face sales “business” at such a young age. Considering life is more about who you know than what you know, having parents with business-oriented minds will definitely help lead you to success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15A Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.2

29A Venture Concept

8A Solving the Problem